Friday, November 30, 2007

The Best Email

I just received an email from my students in my last placement. I could cry, I'm so happy to hear from them. No joke.

The news that made me the most happy?? That one of my students had a week of getting all 10's on his chart. This was the same student who threw chairs, had to be walked to the bus with his hand held, and caused a lot of trouble at the beginning of the year. However, due to my cooperating teacher's and my consistency in disciplining him, and our persistence in encouraging him, he started to really turn the corner when I was there. I KNEW that he would continue to succeed.... and he has blown me away. Maybe 5 students total had ever had a perfect week (10's every day).

I love this student.... I can't explain it, and Leeann would always laugh at me because I had a story about him every day. But this kid means the world to me. I can't wait to see him (and the rest of the class) in January.

I also got a Thanksgiving card from Mom and Dad yesterday... It was definitely unexpected, so it was even more-so appreciated! Included was a photo of our Compassion child - the one who is visiting me in 2 weeks. What excitement God has in store for me! Who am I to be anything but thankful for my life?

No comments: