Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Me Voy a Nicaragua

I'm going to Nicaragua! The story is way to long to tell here..but basically, I had the top people of International School on the phone with the bus company, the head people at the Honduran Immigration Office, and anyone else they could think of. Clearly they could see that I was worried...We pulled some strings (also called "personal connections") and I got my passport! I feel very loved by the IST staff, because they bent over backwards for me.

One more week of full-time teaching! I have to say that I'm really glad. I don't know what else to do to with them, talking-wise. I have gotten to know the students better, but still don't feel really attached to them. Maybe it's because they know I'll eventually leave? Who knows. I just know that this weekend will hopefully be GLORIOUS, because it will be time away from school and will be time with fun, quality people. And, hopefully, I'll get in some sleep as well.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments: