Saturday, November 10, 2007

Transportation and Nature

Forms of Transportation ("sí" if I've taken it!)

-city bus (sí)
-busito - a smaller bus (sí)
-walking (sí!)
-colectivo - taxi (sí)
-hitch-hiking (sí!)

Note to Mom and Dad : (I knew that you would be concerned about the last one!) We only hitch-hike in the country. We got an amazing hitch! The people were so nice and even offered to take us back. People in the country are so much more laid back and friendly - kind of like how ¨country¨people are in the States.

La Tigra was SO fun today. So relaxing, so wonderful to be in God's creation, so refreshing to be with great girls.... Basically, La Tigra is a national cloud forest - kind of like a rainforest, but colder. It´s BEAUTIFUL. How do I summarize it? We took a taxi to El Centro (the center of Tegus, which is an experience itself), took a busito to El Atillo (on the bus ride, the honduran man next to me fell asleep and almost put his head on my shoulder! it was so funny!), walked for FOREVER, got a few short hitches, visited a house that sells Mora (Blackberry) Wine and Jelly (where I bought some tasty jelly!), walked more (all uphill), got a hitch from some wonderful people, walked in La Tigra for about 2 hours, rode back with the same people to Tegucigalpa, ate Little Caesars and TCBY for dinner, and took a taxi home.

That was my day! Sometime I´ll probably post pictures. But, for now, I´m going wash out my cut that I got in my leg while hiking! Yippee!

No comments: