Friday, November 2, 2007

"Anything is hided under the Ice of God."

This sentence was written by one of my 5th graders trying to write a sentence for the spelling word "anything." Definitely cute!

Our "Fall Festival" is tonight. Should be fun. I'm going to be a Greek Goddess. I'm wearing a fun belt that I found in a box in our house, a sheet, leaves, and sandles. Maybe I'll find something else random to add to the costume.

I think one of the 4th grade American teachers is going to cut my hair tonight. I'm ready for a change.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning - finally, I got up when I was supposed to ! - to work on planning. However, I really wanted to start off the day right and in a mindset of worship, so I started praying and thinking about things. God REALLY used the time to open my eyes to some things in my life and reminded me of how much I need to invest in my current students. Needless to say, I did not get any planning done, but I wasn't concerned. The time was SO much better spent in devoting myself to God and seeking His will. The goal, now, is to remind myself of the things that I learned this morning so I don't become stagnent, like usual.

As much as I'd like to say that things are WONDERFUL now - because I had the good time with God this morning - they're not that fantastic. Actually, I've been frustrated with things. It's been hard for me to be in another teacher's classroom and to have to be the "observer" and not be able to do things the way I think they would best be done. I think the students are gradually learning (hopefully....) that I won't put up with misbehavior and talking at inappropriate times. I have to wrack my brain this weekend for ways too manage the talking so I don't go crazy.

I have to figure out what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving break. We get the normal 2 days off, so a lot of people are traveling. Some people are going to Belize, while others are going to Copan, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Where do I want to go?? I want to go to Copan sometime here, but it would be awesome to go out of the country for that weekend. We'll see. I have time.

Tomorrow I might to go to a children's home nearby. I don't know details about the place, but I know that playing with kids who need love sounds like a great way to spend my Saturday. You would think that I would get tired of kids.

It takes a lot for me to get to that point.

Goodbye to you and "Hola!" to grading and preparing my costume.

Que fresa! = how cool! (literally, "What strawberry!)
My student told me I was "grrr". I think that means that I'm strict. Haha.

No comments: