Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wonderful "Strike" Days

There was no taxi strike today. I'm sure glad there was talk of it, though, because I enjoyed my day off. I washed clothes, hung them out to dry (hopefully), got several assignments typed for Taylor, planned all of next week's grammar lessons, and went out for coffee with Jen Walsh. We went to Espresso Americano and then to Duncan Donuts. Jen is a really neat person. It's so encouraging to talk with her. I think we're going to make these chats a weekly event. We talked about going on a day trip on Saturday, so hopefully traveling this weekend becomes a reality. Now I'm eating a turkey and cheese sandwich on freshly baked bread. Yum. You would think that it would be easy to find freshly baked bread in Honduras, but that's actually not the case. Tortillas are king here.

As I'm writing this, a dog is groaning outside our window. He needs to be put out of his misery. A few weeks ago, I saw the "typical" starving-dog in impoverished areas. Not a pretty site to see the entire ribcage of a living dog.

Now, math is calling my name. It has been whispering to me for...well....several weeks now. I must finally heed it's call.

No comments: