Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Maybe It's Just a Long Week??

Unfortunately, my kids weren't any better today. Actually, they might have been worse. They talked through half of their exam, so I wrote down names of students and had them flip their cards. 12 of my 26 kids have detention tomorrow! Yikes. Only 5 of the 26 had "green" cards, which means that they had a good day. My cooperating teacher is beside herself with our students' behavior, too. I took the hour after school (before the teacher bus left) to sit in the silence of my classroom, with half of the lights dimmed, and ponder the day's events. I couldn't bring myself to grade papers. I went running after school, because I knew that I had to decompress.

The kids took their Math exam today and did horribly. We were supposed to start a new unit tomorrow, but instead, we're re-teaching the material from the previous unit. They will take the new test on Monday or Tuesday. However, what do we do with the students who did fine on the test today? Hijole, no se. ("Wow, I don't know.")

I just hope they get all of this out of their system before Friday.. when my cooperating teacher is gone. On the other hand, my teacher isn't even really in the room much anyway, so maybe it won't make that big of a difference. Ayyy.

1 comment:

Josué Greenman said...

¿Sabes? Sé que sos MUY capaz como una maestra. Los enanos solamente están acostumbrándose a tu carácter, tu forma de enseñar, etc. No te olvidés...la cultura es muy distinta ahí y vos te tenés que modificar para poder enseñar a su estilo. Esto no significa que no tenés que ser estricta...pero debe haber una forma en que te entiendan. Sé que no soy maestro...pero yo fui muy pero muy travieso en la primaria asique todo lo que te estoy diciendo viene con experiencia. No sé si te ayuda esta información...pero ¡Estamos orando por vos y tus nervios!