Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekend Happenings

So, I know I still haven't written about my time in Nicaragua, but hopefully sometime I will. Most of you will just get to hear it from me in person!

Here's the short version of the weekend:

All of the teachers went to Valle de Angeles, a touristy town, to Christmas shop on Saturday. It was a cute little town with some great shops. I'm quite pleased with my purchases (family, don't get too excited, it's nothing extremely phenominal, but the things are nice).

Ro, Deanna, Debbie, Teal and I then went to La Tigra (hitchhiking, of course!). It was awesome. I will have to write more later. Basically, it was a night of delicious home-cooked food, we tucked away in the mountains and clouds of Honduras, with fresh air to breathe, and we went hiking for 3.5 hours today (Sunday) to see a waterfall. All-in-all, it was a great time. Also, it took us forever to get a ride back to Tegucigalpa. This was the first time I had seen this, but almost every person who passed us laughed as we had our thumbs sticking out. They full-on laughed in their cars. We didn't understand why. However, a really nice guy from Tegus let all 5 of us get in his truck (there was room INSIDE!), and we didn't feel so ridiculous about hitchhiking anymore.

It's the last week of student teaching!!! Yippee!!

1 comment:

rebecca. said...

wow. i'd love to hitchhike at some point. if you try it in south africa, well....... it's a bad idea. 'nuff said. ;)