Sunday, December 2, 2007

Prayer Request

I discovered one of the reasons that people don't want to live in developing countries - parasites. Thankfully, I have not acquired one; however, this is the situation:

One of my students has parasites in her brain. I shouldn't tell too many details, because of the "free for all" nature of the internet, but it's a VERY serious situation. The parasite comes through eating bad meat or vegetables. She hasn't been to school in a week. There is no treatment available, whatsoever.

There's also another parasitic disease here called Mal de Congas. Apparently it eats away the valves of your heart.

Anyway, if you could pray for my student, it would be great. She might be returning to school tomorrow, but only in order for her spirits to remain positive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your interesting (and even fun, sometimes) postings, Christy. I've not read them on a regular basis, but today I got caught up. Thanks also for the photos. I appreciate your sense of humor, though you probably don't want it to be called "Carlson humor." But it's genetic, and it's not your fault!

You obviously have a love and concern for your students, even if it's not quite the same emotional connection with this group as your first student teaching experience. I can see a good, committed teacher in you! You show flexibility, determination, a sense of when to be serious and when to laugh at the frustrations and challenges. These are all important for teachers. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you're looking forward to Christmas and being back home, shoveling snow :-) etc. Have a wonderful conclusion to your student teaching, as well as a well-deserved Christmas break! -your rich uncle Dan (P.S...I may be listed as "anonymous," since I don't remember what username and password I have with Google.)