Sunday, December 16, 2007

Directions + Christy + Honduras = ????

For those of you who know me well (or maybe at all) you know that I am not the most directionally-inclined person you've ever met.

Imagine me trying to give directions to a taxi service on the phone, in Spanish, in a city where where are no street signs. Directions go something like this: I live in Rio Grande, by Loarque. Go straight on the big hill, until you come to the end. Take a right. Go about 3 or 4 blocks. Take a left by a little tiendita (corner store). My house is at the end of the street and on the left. It's green. (We have no house numbers, to my knowledge).

I wound up telling the taxi service that I would wait at the corner of my street and the main street. I'm not sure if our understanding of "calle principal" (main street) is the same. I guess we'll see? It's quite possible I'll be late for meeting my Compassion child.

Enough said? Maybe I'm not the taxi service's easiest customer. :-)

1 comment:

rosa said...

lol! I lived in San Pedro Sula for a year, and we always laughed about calling for taxis or telling the delivery boy where to find us:) The yellow house on the 4th street on the corner by the large palm tree:)