Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What is there to say? It was probably about 80 degrees today, so I'm still getting quite a bit of the warm weather. My calves are sore from running and aerobics today. Our kids had 4 specials classes today (art, P.E., etc.) so it was pretty relaxed.

Most of what I'm learning pertains to working with ESL kids. I'm using some of the same material that I created for my 3rd graders! I assumed that the subject and predicate cut/paste activity wouldn't take them too much time bc they are 5th graders, but it took just a little less time than it took the 3rd graders. School is so much harder for these students, because mostly everything is in their 2nd language and the school expectations are really high. The grading scale is as follows:
A- 95-100
B- 88-94

You get the idea. Crazy.

Now I'm going to take a quick nap and plan. I might go to the teacher worship night, too.

Adios.

No comments: