Monday, October 29, 2007

Lunes Lunes Lunes (Monday Monday Monday)

Quick post for today:

I taught my first lesson - it was grammar, which is one of the things the students struggle with the most. I thought the lesson went well - it wasn't fantastic, but it also wasn't that exciting, either. Pretty much, the students are introduced to grammar concepts early in elementary, and they continue practicing it every year. We are reviewing the same things the 3rd graders are doing right now. The school's philosophy is that every year more students will fully understand. That's the bilingual/ESL approach the school has chosen to believe and do.

One of my roommates, Jenna, wanted to go to Salsa Aerobics today. Because I didn't have much work to do, and she really wanted to go, I went with her. It was really fun! It lasts about 1 hour and costs $2.50 per time. We were constantly moving. The footwork and moves are appropriate to salsa. I wasn't so great at the hip movement and shaking random parts of my body! It was really fun, though, and Jenna and I were the only gringas. I true Honduran experience. The music, for the most part, was also typical Latin American salsa, hip hop, etc. There were a few occasional songs like "Great Balls of Fire."

I made spaghetti tonight - I was quite proud that I made a "real" meal. I even put green peppers and shredded cheese in the sauce!

Friday we're having a "Fall Festival" with a Bake-Off, a Costume party, and carving watermelons. Calabazas (pumpkins) are scarce here. I have to come up with a costume - Jenna is going to be a ghetto girl with her fake grills. HA! I don't think I can come up with a creative outfit for myself. We'll see, I guess.

It's time to plan, so I'll say "goodbye" for now. Somehow these posts always are longer than I anticipate.

1 comment:

Josué Greenman said...

Dancing?! Woa...

elgauchitoarg.blogspot.com
lithuaniandreams.blogspot.com